Preparations for the Spring 2017 soccer season have begun. Registration for the spring season is open. The spring season will begin on Saturday, April 9th. Regularly scheduled game times and home field locations for the different age groups in the spring will be as follows:
Boys Grade 1/2 - Saturday, 9:45 - 11:00 (Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 3/4 - Saturday, 9:00 - 10:15 (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 3/4 - Saturday, 10:15 - 11:30 (home games at Larter)
Girls Grade 5/6 - Saturday, 11:30 - 1:00 (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 5/6 - Saturday, 1:00 - 2:15 (home games at Larter and Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 7/8 - Saturday, 2:15 - 4:00 (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 7/8 - Saturday, 4:00 - 5:15 (home games at Larter)
Girls Grade 9/12 - Sunday, games scheduled at either 1:00, 3:00 or 5:00PM (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 9/12 - Sunday, games scheduled at either 1:00, 3:00 or 5:00PM (home games at Larter)
Currently, there are no games scheduled for the weekend of April 16th in lieu of it being school vacation week and Easter weekend. However, because of the delay in the season opening, games for Grades 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12 teams have been scheduled for Memorial Day weekend.
If you have other questions, please reach out to the appropriate GDYSC board member.
The GDYSC has decided to make Concussion Awareness Trainingmandatory for all of our coaches. There are two training sites that we expect all coaches to review prior to the season. They are the following:
Mass Youth Soccer Adult Volunteer and CORI Registration Process
Coaches and Volunteers:
If you plan on coaching or volunteering in the fall in the GDYSC, you will have to register as an Adult Volunteer with Mass Youth Soccer as well as update your CORI registration. To register as an Adult Volunteer, follow these steps:
2) Click on "Administration" on the top navigation bar and scroll down to "Adult Registration"
3) Click on "Adult Registration Portal"
4) On the next page, if you are a new user, click on the green "Register Now" button under Adult Registration New Users. If you are a returning user, click on the blue button "Register Now" for Returning Users.
5) On the next page, select Season "Fall 2016 - Spring 2017" and login with your username and password (same as you created last year)
6) Review the information on the next page and, if correct, click "Continue"
7) On the next page, click on "Register as a Coach/Admin"
8) On the next page, select "Play Level - Adult Registration"
9) On the next page, update any of the info displayed and hit "Save and Next Page"
10) On the next page, click acceptance of the two Adult Participant Agreement terms and then click "Agree and Continue"
11) On the next screen, click on "Print ELA" (if it will allow you to print) or log out. That completes Step 1.
12) Now, go to your email and look for an email from Massachusetts Youth Soccer titled "Thank you for Registering - Name"
13) Open the email and scroll down to where it says
If a date is present above and:
- If the date above is prior to July 31, 2017 you ARE REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request using the link shown below.
- If the date above is after July 31, 2017 you are NOT REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request.
If a date is not present you ARE REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request using the link shown below.
Check the date in your email and if it is on or prior to July 31, 2017, you need to complete a CORI submission request. If the date in your email is after July 31, 2017, you do not have to do anything else.
14) You will be taken to the CORI Submission Request Form. Click on the blue "Register Now" CORI request form.
15) Scroll down and verify the season "Fall 2016 - Spring 2017" and make sure that the CORI request box is checked. Then scroll over and enter your Username and Password and click the green "Login" button.
16) On the next page, make sure the information is correct and click "Next"
17) On the next page, review the information and click on the blue button "Register for CORI"
18) On the next page, select "Program - CORI" and "Gender - Male", and review the other information for accuracy. Enter Drivers License Number, ID Expiration Date, Sex, Eye Color, Ethnicity, Father's First Name, Father's Last Name, Mother's First Name, Mother's Last Name. Then answer the remaining questions by clicking on the appropriate button. At the bottom of the page, click on the green "Save and Next Page" button.
19) On the next page, acknowledge that you have read the three documents and click accept next to each. Then click the green button "Agree and Continue"
20) On the next page, click "Print Required CORI Agreement". You must bring this to the GDYSC coaches meeting on Tuesday, September 6th along with your license to be reviewed and approved by the GDYSC CORI Administrator.
21) Also, you will get an email from CORI with the title "Thank you for registering - your name. Print this and bring it to the GDYSC coaches meeting.
20) Mass Youth Soccer will update an on-line Google docs form that shows all of the coaches in our club that have registered and been cleared to coach and the date they are authorized until. No coach or other volunteer will be allowed to participate in any activities with any players in the GDYSC until this process is complete.