The fall soccer season begins Saturday, September 10th for all non-PreK/K players. PreK/K games will begin on Saturday, September 17th. Regularly scheduled game times and home field locations for the different age groups are as follows:
Girls Grade 1/2 - Saturday, 8:30-9:45 (Cow Pond)
Boys Grade 1/2 - Saturday, 9:45 - 11:00 (Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 3/4 - Saturday, 9:00 - 10:15 (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 3/4 - Saturday, 10:15 - 11:30 (home games at Larter)
Girls Grade 5/6 - Saturday, 11:30 - 1:00 (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 5/6 - Saturday, 1:00 - 2:15 (home games at Larter and Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 7/8 - Saturday, 2:15 - 4:00 (home games at Larter)
Boys Grade 7/8 - Saturday, 4:00 - 5:15 (home games at Larter)
Larter 2 and Cow Pond closed for all afternoon games on 10/22
All Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 games on Larter Field 2 are cancelled for today. All PreK/K games at Cow Pond are cancelled for today. All Grade 5/6 games on Cow Pond 2 are cancelled for today.
All Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 games on Larter Field 1 are still on for today.
The board has made this decision to preserve the integrity of the fields (as much as possible) at Cow Pond and Larter where they have been significantly compromised as a result of the prolonged drought.
“Club practices” will be scheduled at both Cow Pond and Larter Fields this fall.
We will be holding “Club Practices” for the PreK/K and 1/2 grades on Mondays and Wednesdays that will be run by the members of our professional coaching staff. The schedule will be as follows for the remaining sessions:
Wed Oct 12
Girls Pre-K/K 4:20-5:20
Girls grade 1/2 5:20-6:25
Mon Oct 17
Boys Pre-K/K 4:15-5:15
Boys grade 1/2 5:15-6:15
Wed Oct 19
Girls Pre-K/K 4:15-5:15
Girls grade 1/2 5:15-6:15
Mon Oct 24
Boys Pre-K/K 4:05-5:00
Boys grade 1/2 5:00-6:00
Wed Oct 26
Girls Pre-K/K 4:05-5:00
Girls grade 1/2 5:00-6:00
Monday sessions start Sep 12th. Wednesday sessions start Sep 7th. These sessions will be structured as they have been in the past. The first 20-25 minutes will be spent on skill development and mastery, the next 45 minutes dedicated to small-sided games, and the last 5-10 minutes will be focused on cooling down, stretching and answering any questions that the players have. These preK/K & grade 1/2 sessions are optional, but we really encourage you to have your player attend these sessions.
“Club practices” for the older grades will be different than in the past. Rather than making sessions available to all of the players in a given grade pairing like we have done in the past, we will be conducting training sessions for groups of teams in different grade pairs on Tuesday and Thursday nights at Cow Pond. These sessions will also be run by members of our professional coaching staff and are mandatory sessions rather than optional training sessions. The sessions that will be run on these evenings are the following:
Boys Grade 3/4 C&D Teams – Tuesday, 4:30 – 5:45, Cow Pond 2A
The GDYSC has decided to make Concussion Awareness Trainingmandatory for all of our coaches. There are two training sites that we expect all coaches to review prior to the season. They are the following:
Mass Youth Soccer Adult Volunteer and CORI Registration Process
Coaches and Volunteers:
If you plan on coaching or volunteering in the fall in the GDYSC, you will have to register as an Adult Volunteer with Mass Youth Soccer as well as update your CORI registration. To register as an Adult Volunteer, follow these steps:
2) Click on "Administration" on the top navigation bar and scroll down to "Adult Registration"
3) Click on "Adult Registration Portal"
4) On the next page, if you are a new user, click on the green "Register Now" button under Adult Registration New Users. If you are a returning user, click on the blue button "Register Now" for Returning Users.
5) On the next page, select Season "Fall 2016 - Spring 2017" and login with your username and password (same as you created last year)
6) Review the information on the next page and, if correct, click "Continue"
7) On the next page, click on "Register as a Coach/Admin"
8) On the next page, select "Play Level - Adult Registration"
9) On the next page, update any of the info displayed and hit "Save and Next Page"
10) On the next page, click acceptance of the two Adult Participant Agreement terms and then click "Agree and Continue"
11) On the next screen, click on "Print ELA" (if it will allow you to print) or log out. That completes Step 1.
12) Now, go to your email and look for an email from Massachusetts Youth Soccer titled "Thank you for Registering - Name"
13) Open the email and scroll down to where it says
If a date is present above and:
- If the date above is prior to July 31, 2017 you ARE REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request using the link shown below.
- If the date above is after July 31, 2017 you are NOT REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request.
If a date is not present you ARE REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request using the link shown below.
Check the date in your email and if it is on or prior to July 31, 2017, you need to complete a CORI submission request. If the date in your email is after July 31, 2017, you do not have to do anything else.
14) You will be taken to the CORI Submission Request Form. Click on the blue "Register Now" CORI request form.
15) Scroll down and verify the season "Fall 2016 - Spring 2017" and make sure that the CORI request box is checked. Then scroll over and enter your Username and Password and click the green "Login" button.
16) On the next page, make sure the information is correct and click "Next"
17) On the next page, review the information and click on the blue button "Register for CORI"
18) On the next page, select "Program - CORI" and "Gender - Male", and review the other information for accuracy. Enter Drivers License Number, ID Expiration Date, Sex, Eye Color, Ethnicity, Father's First Name, Father's Last Name, Mother's First Name, Mother's Last Name. Then answer the remaining questions by clicking on the appropriate button. At the bottom of the page, click on the green "Save and Next Page" button.
19) On the next page, acknowledge that you have read the three documents and click accept next to each. Then click the green button "Agree and Continue"
20) On the next page, click "Print Required CORI Agreement". You must bring this to the GDYSC coaches meeting on Tuesday, September 6th along with your license to be reviewed and approved by the GDYSC CORI Administrator.
21) Also, you will get an email from CORI with the title "Thank you for registering - your name. Print this and bring it to the GDYSC coaches meeting.
20) Mass Youth Soccer will update an on-line Google docs form that shows all of the coaches in our club that have registered and been cleared to coach and the date they are authorized until. No coach or other volunteer will be allowed to participate in any activities with any players in the GDYSC until this process is complete.