The Spring 2016 soccer season begins Saturday, April 9th for all U10, U12, U14, U16 and U18/19 teams. Both Cow Pond and Larter Fields are open. Rosters have been finalized and players and parents should have heard from the coaches of their teams. If for some reason you have not heard from your son or daughter's coach, please email the appropriate board member below. In addition, all U6 and U8 games will begin on Saturday, April 16th.
The GDYSC is reaching out to let you know that this spring, we are again offering a community service opportunity for high school sophomores, juniors and seniors (minimum age of 16 years on April 9th, 2016) that reside in Groton and Dunstable. The opportunity involves assisting the GDYSC with operating the concessions stand at Cow Pond Brook Field during league events on Saturdays from 8:30AM until 5:30PM. The opportunities will exist from Saturday, April 9th until Saturday, June 4th (excluding Memorial Day weekend). Students can earn up to thirty-four hours of community service credit while making a difference in the community. Our plan is to offer two shifts per week (8:30 - 12:45 and 12:45 - 5:30). If you have high school students that are interested or have questions, please respond directly to this email. We are looking for volunteers starting next Saturday, April 9th, so please respond as soon as possible if you are interested.
The GDYSC has decided to make Concussion Awareness Trainingmandatory for all of our coaches. There are two training sites that we expect all coaches to review prior to the season. They are the following:
Mass Youth Soccer Adult Volunteer and CORI Registration Process
Coaches and Volunteers:
If you plan on coaching or volunteering in the spring in the GDYSC, you will have to register as an Adult Volunteer with Mass Youth Soccer as well as update your CORI registration. To register as an Adult Volunteer, follow these steps:
2) Click on the Administrators Tab on the top navigation bar and click on “CORI Policies and Procedures”
3) Scroll down in the main document to “New Adult and CORI Registration Procedures – 8/14/15” which is highlighted in yellow
4) In that paragraph, click on “ADULT AND CORI REGISTRATIONS”
5) You will come to a page with the title “Adult Registration and CORI Registration”
6) Scroll down to the blue highlighted text and click on the line that says “Click here to go to the Adult Registration portal”
7) This will take you to a page that states at the top “Welcome to the Mass Youth Soccer Registration and CORI Registration”
8) For those that have completed the CORI registration process with Mass Youth Soccer since July 18th, 2013, scroll down to the blue button that says “Adult Registration Returning User – Register Now” and click on that button
9) For those that have never completed the CORI registration process with Mass Youth Soccer or did it prior to July 18th, 2013, scroll down to the green button that says “Adult Registration New Users – Register Now” and click on that button.
10) Follow the instructions for creating a new username and password and complete the registration process (including uploading a photograph of yourself).
11) You will get an email confirmation of your Adult Volunteer registration