Preparation for the Fall 2019 Soccer Season is Underway
Preparation for the 2019 Fall Soccer Season is underway. Regular registration opened on July 1st and closes on August 16th after which late fees will apply for Grade 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 players. The season opens on Saturday, September 7th and ends on Sunday, November 3rd. There will be no games Columbus Day weekend. Game times and locations for home games in the fall will be the following:
PreK/K - Saturday, 12:00 - 1:15 (Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 1/2 - Saturday, 8:30-9:45 (Cow Pond)
Boys Grade 1/2 - Saturday, 9:45 - 11:00 (Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 3/4 - Saturday, 9:00 - 10:15 (home games at Cow Pond)
Boys Grade 3/4 - Saturday, 10:15 - 11:30 (home games at Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 5/6 - Saturday, 11:30 - 1:00 (home games at Cow Pond)
Boys Grade 5/6 - Saturday, 1:00 - 2:15 (home games at Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 7/8 - Saturday, 2:15 - 4:00 (home games at Cow Pond)
Boys Grade 7/8 - Saturday, 4:00 - 5:15 (home games at Cow Pond)
Girls Grade 9/12 - Sunday, games scheduled at either 1:00, 3:00 or 5:00PM (home games at Cow Pond)
Boys Grade 9/12 - Sunday, games scheduled at either 1:00, 3:00 or 5:00PM (home games at Cow Pond)
If you have other questions, please reach out to the appropriate GDYSC board member.
Registration for the Fall 2019 Soccer Season is Open
Regular Registration for the Fall 2019 Soccer Season is Open
Regular registration for Grades PreK/K, Grade 1/2, Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6, Grade 7/8 and Grade 9/12 is now open. The deadline for regular registration is August 16th. Late fees apply starting on August 17th for all players in Grades 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. Final deadline for all registrations for these age groups will be September 1st.
Registration for HS players will close on September 12th. The delayed registration dates for HS age players are intended to allow them to decide if they want to play town soccer post any GDRHS fall soccer tryouts.
Players and volunteers can register by clicking on the Register Now button on the right hand side of the home page at www.gdysc.org or by selecting Register On-Line from the Members menu. The fall season officially opens on Saturday, September 7th and the season ends on Sunday, November 3rd.
Players registering for play in the Groton Dunstable Youth Soccer Club will be placed on teams based on their grade in school for the 2019-2020 school year. The grade groupings that players will be placed in are as follows:
We understand that a few of our youth players might not fit neatly into the grade categories defined above. As we've done in the past, the GDYSC board will define the waiver conditions and process to allow players to be assigned up or down one level based on their unique circumstances. This waiver policy will be consistent with the GDYSC mission of providing the best youth soccer development experience for all of our players. If the reported grade for your child in their registration record for the 2019-2020 school year is incorrect, this may cause the system to indicate that they are ineligible for the grade grouping you are trying to register them for. If you have problems registering your child, please reach out to our registrar, David Pitkin at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Fall 2019 season, the registration fees for Grades Pre-K/K and Grade 1/2 players will be $100. Registration fees for Grades 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and 9/12 players will be $130.
Player registrations need to be paid in full at the time of registration using a credit card or PayPal account. Registered players that are not paid in full by August 16th will be removed from any roster they have been placed on until their outstanding balance is settled. In addition, we do offer a family maximum of $350 per season. For parents needing financial assistance, please contact the GDYSC Registrar, David Pitkin (email@example.com) to request a full or partial waiver of the player registration fees. For parents who wish to pay by check, please contact both the GDYSC treasurer, Charlie Lippman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the GDYSC Registrar, David Pitkin (email@example.com) to arrange for payment. There are no fees to register as a volunteer.
Registrations received on or after August 17th for Grades 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 will be assessed a $25 late fee.
Any refund request received after September 1st will not be honored unless the player has a valid medical reason for withdrawal or is a HS age player that is selected to play for one of the HS teams and can no longer play recreational soccer. Refund requests prior to those dates in their respective seasons will be subject to a $15 processing fee. This fee represents the sum of the non-refundable fees that we may have to pay Mass Youth Soccer, the Nashoba Valley Youth Soccer League and PayPal.
If your child is in need of a uniform for the spring season, itmustbe pre-ordered and paid for by credit card on the online uniform ordering site at www.gdysc.org. Look for Shop on the Home Page. All uniform orders must be received by August 15th, 2019 to guarantee receipt by the start of the season. All purchased uniforms can be picked up at Greco Graphics, located on 14 Hadley Street in North Billerica. They are open on Monday from 8AM to 8PM, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8AM to 5PM and on Thursdays from 8-6PM. They can be reached at 978-663-9122. If you would prefer that your uniform be shipped to your house, please select this option when you make your purchase. There will likely be an additional shipping charge of $5-10 to have the uniforms shipped to your house. Finally, Greco Graphics will likely be having two uniform pick-up sessions in Groton prior to the start of the season, times and places to be determined.
If your child will be playing Pre-K/K or Grade 1/2 soccer in the fall, a reversible maroon/white GDYSC jersey is the only uniform requirement. If your child will be playing on a team in any of the older grades and does not have a uniform or needs a larger size uniform, they will have to purchase a jersey, black shorts and black socks. Jerseys, shorts and socks can be ordered on-line.
This email is to inform you about the most recent fundraising efforts being led by GDatPlay, the private organization within Groton and Dunstable that is raising money for the construction of a new synthetic field at the Groton Dunstable Regional High School Main Stadium Complex. The primary fundraiser is a Brick Benefit program where GDatPlay is selling bricks which sponsors can have inscribed with their names, the names of family members, loved ones, etc. These bricks will line the walkway to the new stadium complex. All the proceeds the fundraiser will go toward the money being raised for the new synthetic field. As members of the GDYSC and current/future parents of Groton-Dunstable Regional High School athletes, we hope you will do your part to support these efforts. For more information, please scroll down below or go to www.gdatplay.net. Thanks.
The GDYSC has decided to make Concussion Awareness Trainingmandatory for all of our coaches. There are two training sites that we expect all coaches to review prior to the season. They are the following:
Mass Youth Soccer Adult Volunteer and CORI Registration Process
Coaches and Volunteers:
If you plan on coaching or volunteering in the fall in the GDYSC, you will have to register as an Adult Volunteer with Mass Youth Soccer as well as update your CORI registration. To register as an Adult Volunteer, follow these steps:
2) Click on "Administration" on the top navigation bar and scroll down to "Adult Registration"
3) Click on "Adult Registration Portal"
4) On the next page, if you are a new user, click on the green "Register Now" button under Adult Registration New Users. If you are a returning user, click on the blue button "Register Now" for Returning Users.
5) On the next page, select Season "Fall 2016 - Spring 2017" and login with your username and password (same as you created last year)
6) Review the information on the next page and, if correct, click "Continue"
7) On the next page, click on "Register as a Coach/Admin"
8) On the next page, select "Play Level - Adult Registration"
9) On the next page, update any of the info displayed and hit "Save and Next Page"
10) On the next page, click acceptance of the two Adult Participant Agreement terms and then click "Agree and Continue"
11) On the next screen, click on "Print ELA" (if it will allow you to print) or log out. That completes Step 1.
12) Now, go to your email and look for an email from Massachusetts Youth Soccer titled "Thank you for Registering - Name"
13) Open the email and scroll down to where it says
If a date is present above and:
- If the date above is prior to July 31, 2017 you ARE REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request using the link shown below.
- If the date above is after July 31, 2017 you are NOT REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request.
If a date is not present you ARE REQUIRED to complete a CORI Submission Request using the link shown below.
Check the date in your email and if it is on or prior to July 31, 2017, you need to complete a CORI submission request. If the date in your email is after July 31, 2017, you do not have to do anything else.
14) You will be taken to the CORI Submission Request Form. Click on the blue "Register Now" CORI request form.
15) Scroll down and verify the season "Fall 2016 - Spring 2017" and make sure that the CORI request box is checked. Then scroll over and enter your Username and Password and click the green "Login" button.
16) On the next page, make sure the information is correct and click "Next"
17) On the next page, review the information and click on the blue button "Register for CORI"
18) On the next page, select "Program - CORI" and "Gender - Male", and review the other information for accuracy. Enter Drivers License Number, ID Expiration Date, Sex, Eye Color, Ethnicity, Father's First Name, Father's Last Name, Mother's First Name, Mother's Last Name. Then answer the remaining questions by clicking on the appropriate button. At the bottom of the page, click on the green "Save and Next Page" button.
19) On the next page, acknowledge that you have read the three documents and click accept next to each. Then click the green button "Agree and Continue"
20) On the next page, click "Print Required CORI Agreement". You must bring this to the GDYSC coaches meeting on Tuesday, September 6th along with your license to be reviewed and approved by the GDYSC CORI Administrator.
21) Also, you will get an email from CORI with the title "Thank you for registering - your name. Print this and bring it to the GDYSC coaches meeting.
20) Mass Youth Soccer will update an on-line Google docs form that shows all of the coaches in our club that have registered and been cleared to coach and the date they are authorized until. No coach or other volunteer will be allowed to participate in any activities with any players in the GDYSC until this process is complete.